10.1.2015

Radical Balance - the first page

After a long and premeditated thinking process I finally decided ... well, not really. My embroidery scissors made the choice. They landed next to Radical Balance, so it is the one I stitch next.
Actually I don't know who is the artist behind this artwork. I saw about a year ago a calendar and this picture was the front page. I made the adaptation by myself. At first my choice of colour was Anchor flosses - then I made a bad choice and changed them to DMC. It made the colours more psychedelic and out of everything. I don't know yet is it good or bad. Let's see.
Ok. I have to live on that.  Fabric is 16 ct aida. Pattern size in stitches 355 x 417  or 148,035 stitches altogether. It's 30 pages and this is mostly the first page in picture. There are 75 colours and I use 2 plies. It took about a month to finish one page, so it'll take 2 and half year to finish whole picture. If I keep the same stitching speed. I doubt that, because I'll soon start a large project made an order.

Pitkän ja harkitun ajatustyön tuloksena vihdoin päätin... no, en oikeastaan. Kirjontasakseni tekivät valinnan. Ne laskeutuivat Radical Balancen viereen, joten se on sitten seuraava pisteltävä.
Oikeastaan en tiedä kuka taiteilija on tämän taideteoksen takana. Näin noin vuosi sitten kalenterin ja tämä kuva oli etusivulla. Tein muutoksen ristipistoiksi itse. Aluksi värivalintani oli Anchor - sitten menin tekemään huonon valinnan ja muutin sen DMC:ksi. Se sai värit näyttämään enemmän psykedeelisiltä ja irti kaikesta. Enpä tiedä vielä onko se hyvä vai paha. Katsotaan.
Ok. Sen kanssa on vain elettävä. Kangas on 6,4 ruutua/cm. Mallin koko pistoissa on 355 x 417 tai 148 035 pistoa yhteensä. Se on 30 sivua ja kuvassa on lähinnä ensimmäinen sivu. Värejä on 75 ja käytän 2 säiettä. Vein noin kuukauden saada tämä ensimmäinen sivu valmiiksi, joten tulee viemään 2 ½ vuotta saada koko kuva valmiiksi. Jos pistelyvauhti on sama. Epäilen hieman tätä, sillä pian aloitan suuren tilaustyöprojektin.

0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti