10.3.2010

Regal Domain - Day 21


As you can see, I have been busier than last week. I have a good reason, it's a secret, but don't you worry I'll tell it until I'll finished this blog post. I have stitched almost the head of the lion, those red spots aren't stitched yet. That's one reason why I don't like to stitch on a painted canvas. The fabric shows through unstitch areas.
What comes to my sewing room, I have almost organized my charts and kits. Only one box is left. If I work hard it's done today. Well, I haven't touched the magazines and books after they got me hooked on. They are another story and other organization process.
And now is time to reveal the secret. It's my next huge project. Ok. Some of you might think I'm totally nuts. (My relatives already know I'm.) Here it comes: I'm going to stitch Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel Ceiling. Yep. It took 4 years (1508-12) to Michelangelo to paint it. Let's see how long it takes to me to stitch it.
It has been done already by Joanna Roberts. She stitched it 9 years. Hats off for that.
And if you get interested in, you can buy your own charts here Lulu. The book has 280 pages. And you'll need 421 colours and 699 skeins of thread and a very large fabric of course.
I have already started to organize the threads of Sistine Chapel. I had almost all colours at home, I'm only 41 colours short and about 150 skeins. I made 3 thread orders, because 6 of the colours can't be find in Europe. Two thread orders are from UK and one from US. It takes days even to organize threads.
I have stiched now 1/3 of Regal Domain so I'll have a plenty of time to organize the threads before I'll start.

Kuten näet, olen ollut ahkerampi kuin viime viikolla. On hyvä syykin, se on salaisuus, mutta älä hätäile, kerron sen ennenkuin tämä blogiposti on kirjoitettu. Olen melkein saanut valmiiksi leijonan pään, punaiset läiskät on vielä pistelemättä. Siinä yksi syy miksi en tykkää pistellä maalattua kangasta. Kangas näkyy kirjomattomilta alueilta läpi.
Mitä ompeluhuoneeseeni tulee, olen saanut lähes järjesteltyä mallit ja pakkaukset. Vain yksi laatikko on jäljellä. Jos teen kovasti töitä sekin on tehty tänään. Lehtiin ja kirjoihin en ole koskenut sen jälkeen kun jäin niihin koukkuun. Ne ovat toinen juttu ja toinen järjestelyprosessi.
Ja nyt on aika paljastaa salaisuus. Se on seuraava iso työni. Ok. Jotkut teistä voivat ajaltella että olen ihan kaheli. (Sukulaiseni tietävät että olen.) Tässä se tulee: Aion pistellä Michelangelon maalaaman Sikstuksen kappelin katon. Jep. Sen maalaaminen vei 4 vuotta (1508-12) Michelangelolta. Katsotaanpa miten kauan minulta kestää pistellä se.
Se on jo ainakin kertaalleen tehty Joanna Robertsin toimesta. Hän pisteli sitä 9 vuotta. Nostakaa hattua tapahtumalle.
Ja jos kiinnostuit, niin voit ostaa oman mallin täältä Lulu. Kirjasssa on 280 sivua. Ja tarvitset 421 väriä sekä 699 kaartosta (dokkaa) ja erittäin suuren kankaan, luonnollisesti.
Olen jo aloittanut Sikstuksen kappelin lankojen järjestelyn. Minulla oli melkein kaikkia värejä kotona, puuttumaan jäi 41 väriä ja noin 150 kaartosta. Tein kolme lankatilausta, koska 6 väreistä ei saa Euroopasta. Kaksi lankatilausta on Brittein saarilta ja yksi USA:sta. Pelkästään lankojen järjestelyyn tulee kulumaan päiviä.
Olen pistellyt nyt noin kolmasosan Regal Domainista, joten lankojen järjestelyyn on vielä hyvää aikaa.

0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti