10.10.2010

Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel Ceiling - Month 5 continues



And what's my excuse this time for so little progress? Last week I was busy helping others, people have endless needs and wants, you know. It helped me to forgot my own pains and misery. My ankle is better and I walked today 12 kms again. I didn't say it's painless. I'll get my stitches removed tomorrow. I have been two weeks without sauna and it's a catastrophe to me. I love sauna. I also love to exercise and I couldn't do that either. So I have almost climbed the walls. But tomorrow nothing can stop me...
Here is what I stitched last week: the third part of Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel - Separation of Earth and Water. There is just one man in the corner, but there are 3 more coming to other corners and God in the middle. I don't know what those men have to do with Earth and Water, but...because Michelangelo put them there perhaps they have a meaning.
I also made a sandwich loaf today. It's heart-shaped (♠) and called Tropical Island. Pictures are at the end of this post.

Ja mikä on syynä vähäiseen edistymiseeni tällä kertaa? Viime viikolla innostuin auttamaan muita, ihmisten tarpeet ja halut ovat loputtomat, tiedät kyllä. Se auttoi minua unohtamaan omat kipuni ja kurjuuteni. Nilkkani on parempi ja kävelin tänään 12 km, jälleen kerran. En sanonut että kivuttomasti. Saan tikkini poistettua huomenna. Olen ollut kaksi viikkoa ilman saunaa ja se on minulle jo katastrofi. Rakastan saunomista. Pidän myös liikunnasta ja en ole tehnyt sitäkään. Niinpä olen miltei kiipeillyt seinille. Mutta huomenna mikään ei voi estää minua...
Tässä on mitä pistelin viime viikolla: kolmas osa Michelangelon Sikstuksen kappelia - Maan ja Veden erottaminen. Nurkassa on vain yksi mies, vaan lisää tulee vielä 3 muihin nurkkiin ja Jumala keskelle. En tiedä mitä noilla miehillä on tekemistä Maan ja Veden kanssa, mutta... kerran Michelangelo laittoi heidät sinne ehkäpä heillä on jokin tarkoitus.
Tein tänään myös voileipäkakun. Se on sydämenmuotoinen (♠)ja nimeltään Trooppinen Saari. Kuvat tämän tekstin lopussa.



0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti