22.9.2010

Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel Ceiling - Month 4 and a finish



The second part of Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel Ceiling is finished, only 43 parts to stitch. It has been raining since I came home, so I have skipped gardening and stitched instead. My garden is a mess, but I can't help it. Everything is wet.
My mom phoned me a couple of days ago. It sounds like she and my dad had forgiven me. I'm reliefed. When I left Finland, they were very upset, because of what I did to my hair (straightened, bleached and cut short). It's just hair - for Heaven's sake, it grows back! They made me feel like I have spoiled my looks for good.
Actually my mom needs help with apples. This year is a very good apple year here and extra hands are needed for harvesting and preservation. So I'll be up to elbows in apple juice. They say apple juice is good for skin. I hope so.
I'll take Vera the Mouse - Dressing piece with me, I might have time to stitch it in the evenings. It'll be my next finish and after Vera the Mouse, it's Sistine Chapel again.

Toinen osa Michelangelon Sikstuksen kappelin katosta on valmis, enää 43 osaa pisteltävänä. Siitä asti kun tulin kotiin on sataa tihuttanut, joten olen jättänyt puutarhan hoidon väliin ja pistellyt sen sijaan. Puutarha on yhtä sotkua, mutta sille ei voi nyt mitään. Kaikki on märkää.
Äiti soitti pari päivää sitten. Kuulostaa siltä että hän ja isä ovat antaneet minulle anteeksi. Olen helpottunut. Kun lähdin Suomesta, he olivat hyvin järkyttyneitä siitä mitä tein tukalleni (suoristus, valkaisu ja lyhyeksi leikkaus). Se on vain tukkaa - Herran tähden, se kasvaa takaisin! Ihan kun olisin pilannut ulkonäköni lopullisesti.
Oikeastaan äitini tarvitsee apua omenoiden kanssa. Tämä vuosi on hyvä omenavuosi täällä ja sadonkorjuuseen ja säilöntään tarvitaan lisävoimia. Niinpä tulen olemaan kyynärpäihin saakka omenamehussa. Sanotaan että omenamehu on hyväksi iholle. Toivon niin.
Otan Vera the Mouse - Dressing -työn mukaani. Saattaa olla että iltaisin jää aikaa pistellä sitä. Se tuleekin olemaan seuraava valmiiksi tulevat työ ja sen jälkeen taas Sikstuksen kappelia.

0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti